Friday, June 18, 2010

6 week recovery!

Today marks 6 weeks of recovery for me! And no it was not a 6 week recovery after having a baby. I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled 6 weeks ago. It has been a long recovery for me. I had one impacted tooth that has given me lots of problems. I'm pretty sure there was a lot of drilling that went on. This is a picture taken of me the day I came home from surgery. OUCH!! I still can't believe that was me.

I am finally feeling much better today and when I met with the oral surgeon today he told me I still have a while until I'll have full recovery on the left side of my mouth, but that things are looking good! I have been numb on that side of my face this whole time and today I can almost feel my entire lip! That is huge for me. I'm still tingly and numb on the side of my chin, but things are looking good. I'm grateful I am almost back to normal so I can really kiss my sweetie! I'm also grateful I can successfully eat a hamburger without cutting it up. I had many, many smoothies, cream of wheat, chocolate shakes, bean with bacon soup smashed up, mashed potatoes, yogurt, applesauce, ice cream, and my favorite was chocolate texas sheet cake. I could down that stuff so fast because it basically melts in your mouth! I'm now back to brocolli, fiber one, pbj sandwiches, hamburgers, and too many other things. :) It was kind of nice not really having a desire to eat very much. The desire is back and I'm on a roll! Tonight is my first date with Clate since my surgery when I can actually order something normal instead of a smoothie and soup(without chunks). I love Friday night date night!! I've learned that wisdom teeth should NOT be pulled when you are 35 years old with 6 children! The recovery is much quicker when you are 17 or 18 with no kids. Live and learn, right?

1 comment:

hannah h. said...

ouchy! i've never had mine pulled either. hopefully i won't have to - i have plenty of space in my mouth. you still look beautiful even with chipmunk cheeks. gorgeous new header can't wait to hear about the trip and see more pics. martinsens were here tonight. we had a great time. miss you guys. kristin